2011年8月25日星期四

Lady Gaga to guest on 'The Simpsons'


This should make all the little TV-watching monsters happy: Lady Gaga has recorded a guest spot for an episode of The Simpsons! In “Lisa Goes Gaga,” the singer (seen here recording her lines on Aug. 22) makes a pit stop in Springfield after learning that it’s teeming with low self-esteem, and winds up trying to cheer up a dejected Lisa through the power of speech, song, and a flash mob. The adventurous performer admits that her visit to Simpsons HQ was “a little nerve-wracking.” “I make music, but I don’t do voice-overs every day of the week, and their characters are so awesomely convincing and sincere and wild and funny, I had to remind myself constantly of the sincerity of the humor,” she tells EW. “That’s what I was trying to focus on, not putting on a character too much and really being as sincere as I could with the lines.” And where does this guest spot rank among her professional experiences? “I would say this is one of the coolest things I’ve ever done,” says Gaga, 25, noting: “My dad’s probably going to do 80 backflips when the episode comes out.”
He and the rest of America will be treated to a full-on animated extravaGaganza, complete with a Gaga Express train powered by a giant flame-shooting bustier, ample wardrobe changes, and a kiss with… Marge! “I play a little bit of a slut,” quips Gaga. “The apple doesn’t fall far from my artistic tree.”
The Simpsons producers say they were impressed by her voice-acting range and ad-libbing skills, and are proud to include her in their storied guest ranks. “Since the very beginning, I’ve always wanted to have on the most iconic personalities of our time, and she’s it,” declares series creator Matt Groening. As for the challenge of properly animating such a colorful character, he deadpans, “It’s very hard to top reality with her, but I’m sure we’ll come up with something that is going to be as improbable as her usual wardrobe.” Sums up exec producer Al Jean: “For the first time in the history of The Simpsons, we are honored to have on a show business legend who is younger than our show.”
“Lisa Goes Gaga” airs in spring 2012 as part of the show’s 23rd season, which launches Sept. 25. Gaga will open the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards on Aug. 28.

没有评论:

发表评论