2011年9月8日星期四

Cody Simpson, A Popular Import

It is out of the question Cody Simpson could someday lose his Australian accent - the pop star 14 years has left Australia in June 2010 and now resides in Los Angeles, after all. However, Simpson will do everything possible to prevent this from happening, and his reasoning has little to do with the pride of Australia.

"And 'my biggest advantage with the girls," Simpson said, hours before performing in front of 1,100 screaming fans in the Orland Square Mall in Orland Park on Friday. "I'm going to try to keep my accent as much as they can."

The benefits do not stop there. In addition to singing, Simpson - plays guitar and seems to be a decent dancer - who has not released a full length album, but has 1.2 million followers on Twitter.

He had little choice with it. "When I came to the United States, (my label) said, 'You have to dance," said Simpson.

Simpson is currently working with a choreographer in addition to singing lessons, which started six months ago. He said very little voice training when he found on YouTube by the record producer Shawn Campbell and initially doubted that he was ready to become a singer.
 
"I said," If I have improved? "I had not had a lot of experience out loud before," said Simpson, who was a promising swimmer with Olympic aspirations achieved. "But apparently it worked."

Simpson has worked with rapper Flo Rida's first single, "iYiYi" in May 2010. They release a new EP, "Coast to Coast", which promotes the current mall tour, September 20 and expects its long-term studio album will hit stores the next year.

"It was really crazy," said Simpson of the trip. "There has been increasing all the malls we go. He was like 4000-5000 people at the mall in Detroit. "

Simpson has learned to expect the unexpected when it comes to its growing fan base ("You'll be walking and they come out of nowhere," he said) and he was forced to adapt their shrill cry - not that he complained.

"I'm ear to follow to avoid external noise when I'm performing," Simpson said. "It 's easier. But sometimes I want to take your ear and listen to the monitor to go crazy.

"It all started to take off in recent months, so this is all new to me."

没有评论:

发表评论